Make any meal better with this irresistible recipe as an appetizer.
Oven-Roasted Okra with Smoky Mock Aïoli
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 12 ounces fresh okra, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: smoked paprika, roasted lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large bowl, toss together okra, oil, Creole seasoning, and ½ teaspoon paprika. Place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18 to 20 minutes, turning okra halfway through baking. Transfer to a serving platter, and season with salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest and juice, salt to taste, and remaining ½ teaspoon paprika. Garnish aïoli with paprika, if desired. Garnish okra platter with lemon slices, if desired.