This Hemingway Cocktail from Palace Café is a classic!
Palace Café’s Hemingway Cocktail
Author: Recipe courtesy of Barry Himel, Palace Café, New Orleans
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1½ ounces white rum*
- 1½ ounces Simple Syrup
- ½ ounce Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
- 1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- Garnish: grapefruit twist
- In the container of a blender, place ice, rum, Simple Syrup, liqueur, and juices; blend at high speed until smooth. Pour into a glass, and garnish with a grapefruit twist, if desired.
*We used Old New Orleans Crystal Rum.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature before using. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Makes 1½ cups.