Try this fun twist on Sweet Potato Salad. You won’t be disappointed.
Panini Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Creamy Basil Vinaigrette
Write a review
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grain mustard
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- ½ small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Garnish: chopped pistachios
- Preheat panini or sandwich press according to manufacturer’s directions.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard. Cover, and set aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl, add sweet potato, and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt, pepper, and Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Place sweet potato slices on panini press in a single layer, in batches, if necessary. Close press, and cook until potato is fork tender and grill marks appear.
- In a large serving bowl, combine sweet potato, onion, tomatoes, olives, and bacon. Pour prepared dressing over salad, and toss gently to blend. Garnish with pistachios, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/