This take on the classic New Orleans muffuletta will get raves reviews at your next party.
Write a review
- 2 (16-ounce) loaves fresh French bread
- 1 (16-ounce) jar olive salad
- 1 pound sliced mozzarella
- 1 pound sliced smoked provolone
- ¾ pound sliced ham
- ¾ pound sliced turkey
- ¾ pound sliced salami
- ¾ pound sliced pastrami
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cover work surface with a 2-foot-long piece of aluminum foil. Slice bread in half lengthwise, and scoop out 1-inch of bread from both the bottom and top halves. Place bread on foil, and spread olive salad along the inside of the loaves.
- Layer mozzarella and provelone over olive salad. Top with ham, turkey, salami, and pastrami. Wrap each sandwich tightly in foil, and place on a baking sheet. (At this point, the sandwich can be refrigerated until ready to cook, up to overnight.) Bake until cheese is melted, up to 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, unwrap and slice each sandwich into 8 individual servings.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/