Freshly picked blue crabmeat is just the sort of luxury we deserve.
Pasta Salad with Crab, Avocado, and Tomato
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, plus more to serve
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package rotini, cooked according to package directions
- 1½ pounds Creole tomatoes, seeded and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced cucumber, cut into half-moons
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (8-ounce) container lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into ½-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, chives, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, salt, agave, mustard, hot sauce, and red pepper until combined. Stir in rotini, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, and cilantro. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, gently fold together crab, remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Carefully fold crab mixture and avocado into pasta mixture. Serve chilled with hot sauce.