Try this Peach Almond Chutney with grilled chicken, roasted pork, or toast points.
Peach Almond Chutney
Write a review
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced, divided
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until translucent. Stir in half of the peaches, and cook, stirring frequently, until peach begins to break down, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in remaining peaches and vinegar, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly firm. Add brown sugar and salt, and cook, stirring until sugar is completely melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool 10 minutes. Stir in almonds, tarragon, and thyme. Serve immediately, or cover, and refrigerate up to 1 week.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/