Peach and Shrimp Ceviche
Write a review
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped jalapeño
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 3 limes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine peach, shrimp, onion, jalapeño, lime zest and juice, salt, and cayenne; toss until combined. Cover, refrigerate 15 minutes, and fold in cilantro leaves. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/
There is an omission or error in the ceviche recipe. Either the shrimp should be boiled before adding (not traditional method) or the lime toss should sit in refrigerator all day or overnight. If the recipe were made as listed the shrimp would be raw.
While you can certainly marinate the raw shrimp longer than 15 minutes, the recipe was intended as written. You’ll find ceviche recipes with marination times ranging from 10 minutes to 6 hours. The most important part is using the freshest shrimp available.
I grew up shrimping with my dad, in south Louisiana. Went through tons of shrimp. Shrimp needs to be marinated or cooked like Mary Ruiz stated above.