During the warm days of July and August, there are few greater pleasures than noshing on peach-basil granita.
Write a review
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 peaches, peeled and quartered
- 1 (5.5-ounce) can Kern's Peach Nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 2 cups water, sugar, and basil leaves, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and let cool 10 minutes. Remove basil leaves, and discard.
- In the container of a blender, combine peaches, sugar mixture, peach nectar, and lemon juice. Process until smooth. Pour into an 8-inch square baking pan. Cover, and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours. Scrape mixture with a fork until fluffy. Garnish with chopped basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/