Breakfast doesn’t get more decadent than this Pecan Bread Pudding French Toast.
Pecan Bread Pudding French Toast
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups cubed French bread
- 1 (8-ounce) bag dried cherries
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- Garnish: cane syrup, toasted pecans, and fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, cream, eggs, sugar, pecan, cinnamon, bread, and cherries. Pour into a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan, pressing lightly to fit into pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let pan stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake until light golden and center is set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 30 minutes. Remove from pan, and slice. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add bread slices, and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add more butter, as needed, and cook remaining slices. Serve with cane syrup, toasted pecans, and fresh strawberries, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/
Wow! This bread pudding really delivers on the taste. I have added it to my HOLIDAY Breakfast repertoire. Thanks, Joy. Fondly, Donna