Pecan Date Surprises
A tasty pecan dessert.
Write a review
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose baking mix*
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, sugar, egg, and orange juice. Stir in baking mix, pecans, dates, orange zest, and cinnamon. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on rack. Cut into squares, and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- *For testing purposes, we used Bisquick.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/