These crispy, pecan-topped sweet potatoes make a scrumptious side that’s a breeze to prepare.
Pecan Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce*
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds medium sweet potatoes, sliced ⅛ inch thick
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Garnish: flaked sea salt, orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together ½ cup brown sugar, melted butter, kosher salt, hot sauce, and pepper. Stir in potatoes until coated. Arrange potatoes vertically in prepared pan. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Cover with foil; using a wooden pick, poke holes in foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until tender, about 15 minutes more. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with sea salt and orange zest, if desired.