Dried cranberries add a festive feel to this Pecan Rice.
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons pecan oil
- ¾ cup pecans
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1½ cups brown jasmine rice*
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Garnish: parsley
- In a 3-quart saucepan, add butter and oil, and heat over medium heat. Add pecans, and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add onion, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sage and rice, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until liquid is almost absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cranberries; cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in pecans. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- *We used Cajun Grain brown jasmine rice.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/