Pickled Okra and Red Onion Salad with Creole Mustard Dressing
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pickled okra, undrained
- ¾ cup sliced red onion
- ⅔ cup Creole mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn
- 8 small tomatoes, quartered or halved
- Remove 8 okra and ⅓ cup brine from jar. Cut okra in half lengthwise. In a shallow bowl, combine halved okra, ⅓ cup brine, and onion. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, mayonnaise, and buttermilk. Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, and okra mixture on a serving platter. Serve immediately with mustard dressing.