These Pine Nut-Fennel Cookies are perfect for a St. Joseph’s Day Feast.
Pine Nut-Fennel Cookies
Write a review
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup pine nuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Gradually add flour; beat until combined. Add pine nuts, fennel seeds, zest, and vanilla; beat until combined. Roll dough into ¾-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on baking sheets 2 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/