This Piquant Sweet Potato Quiche won the Frozen category prize in the 2014 Louisiana Yam Recipe Contest, sponsored by the Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.
Piquant Sweet Potato Quiche
Write a review
- 1 (15-ounce) bag frozen sweet potato fries, thawed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups shredded Havarti or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray 10-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add sweet potato, and pulse until shredded. Transfer sweet potato to a sieve, and press with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press potato into bottom and up sides of prepared pie dish. Brush with melted butter, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake until edges of crust are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven to 350°.
- Add Havarti cheese, jalapeño, Swiss cheese, ham, and chives to crust in one layer. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, salt, paprika, pepper, and cayenne. Pour evenly over cheese mixture, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake until knife inserted into center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/
The 2014 Louisiana Yam Recipe Contest Winners