A combination of salted pistachios and white chocolate gives these cookies a delicious sweet and salty flavor.
Pistachio White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup finely chopped roasted salted pistachios
- 1 (10-ounce) bag white chocolate melting wafers, melted according to package directions
- Garnish: finely chopped roasted salted pistachios
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter at medium-low speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add sugars and salt, and beat until smooth and well combined. Add egg yolk and vanilla, and beat until combined. Add flour in two additions, beating just until combined after each addition. Beat in pistachios.
- Turn out dough onto a large piece of parchment paper. Using parchment to help, roll dough into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap in parchment, and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a chef’s knife, trim ends of dough log. Slice crosswise ½ inch thick. Place 1 inch apart on prepared pan.
- Bake until bottom edges of cookies are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip cooled cookies into melted white chocolate, covering about one-third to half of each cookie and letting excess drip off. Place on prepared pan, and immediately garnish with pistachios, if desired. Refrigerate until white chocolate is set, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.