Pomegranate-Glazed Shrimp with Mango Salsa is perfect for a casual meal or elegant party that you’ll be dreaming about all summer long.
Pomegranate-Glazed Shrimp with Mango Salsa
Author: Michael Nelson
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ounce white rum
- ¼ cup pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cane vinegar
- 2 pounds extra-jumbo fresh Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined (heads left on)
- Ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a medium bowl, combine mango, mint, honey, and rum.
- In a small saucepan, heat molasses over low heat; stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat; add vinegar, and set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil. Broil 3 inches from heat until pink and firm, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat, and brush with pomegranate glaze, reserving extra glaze to drizzle on serving plates. Arrange shrimp on top of mango mixture, and drizzle with glaze.