Baked into buttery puff pastry, Louisiana eggs shine in these decadent galettes.
Puff Pastry Galettes with Eggs
Yields: 4 Servings
- ½ cup goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ package (17-ounce) frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 5 eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine goat cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley, chives, dill, garlic, and lemon zest until smooth and spreadable.
- Place pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 9-inch square. Cut into 4 even portions. Score 1Ž2-inch border on all sides of pastry squares with a sharp knife. Prick pastry all over inside score lines with fork. Place on large parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Transfer to freezer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; set aside. Spread goat cheese mixture evenly inside score lines of each pastry square. Brush border of each pastry with egg wash.
- Bake until pastry is lightly golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Crack remaining 4 eggs into center of each pastry. Top evenly with tomato slices. Return to oven; bake until whites are set and eggs are cooked to desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.