It doesn’t get more festive than this sparkling sip.
Red, White, and Blue Sangria
Makes about 9 cups
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh ginger
- 2 (750-ml) bottles white wine
- 3 cups Gingeroo*
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen watermelon chunks
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- In a large pitcher, mash mint and ginger with a wooden spoon. Add wine, stirring until combined. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Strain wine mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding solids. Return wine to pitcher. Add Gingeroo, blueberries, watermelon, and lemon juice, stirring until combined. Serve over ice. Garnish with mint, if desired.
*Gingeroo is a spicy carbonated ginger and rum drink from Celebration Distillation in New Orleans. If not available, combine 2½ cups spicy ginger beer with ½ cup white rum in a pitcher.