With a creamy ricotta topping and fresh spring flavors, these crostini are a delightful party snack.
Ricotta-and-Spring Vegetable Crostini
- 1 loaf French baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1¼ cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup ½-inch-sliced blanched fresh asparagus
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Flaky sea salt
- Garnish: crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice bread into 20 (¼-inch-thick) pieces. Arrange slices in a single layer on prepared pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, combine asparagus, peas, mint, lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Spread ricotta mixture onto toasts. Top each with asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with sea salt, and garnish with red pepper, if desired.