Brown butter and toasted pecans add a lovely nuttiness to this simple side dish.
Roasted Broccolini with Brown Butter
Makes 6 Servings
- 1½ pounds Broccolini
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Trim 2 inches off ends of Broccolini. If stalks are thick, cut stalks in half lengthwise. Place on prepared pan, and add shallot, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper, tossing to coat. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake until Broccolini stalks are fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook, swirling pan occasionally, until bubbles subside and butter solids begin to brown on bottom of pan, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in lemon juice. Drizzle onto Broccolini; toss well. Sprinkle with pecans.