Pair this quick-fix po’ boy with some spicy kettle-cooked potato chips for the ultimate Louisiana lunch.
Roasted Shrimp Po' Boys
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- Spicy Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- 4 (6- to 8-inch) pieces French bread, split lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup dill pickle chips
- Hot sauce, to serve
- ¾ cup mayonnaise*
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt-free Creole seasoning*
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Creole seasoning, lemon juice, and oil. Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, and place on prepared pan.
- Bake until pink and firm, 7 to 9 minutes, turning shrimp halfway through baking.
- Using a spatula, spread 3 tablespoons Spicy Mayonnaise on cut sides of each bread piece. Divide shrimp evenly among bread. Top with lettuce, tomato, and pickles. Serve with hot sauce and Spicy Mayonnaise.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
*We used Blue Plate Mayonnaise and Tony Chachere’s No Salt Seasoning Blend.