The Sweet Tea Simple Syrup really makes this icy Hurricane cocktail.
Rubin “The Hurricane” Carter
Author: Recipe courtesy of Bourrée, New Orleans
Yields: 1 serving
- 1½ cups ice
- 1 ounce Old New Orleans Crystal Rum
- 1 ounce Jasmine Earl Grey Sweet Tea Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounce passion fruit purée*
- ½ teaspoon Peychaud’s bitters
- In the container of a blender, place all ingredients; blend at high speed until smooth.
* We used El Sabor frozen passion fruit purée. If fresh passion fruit is available, process with a juicer, discarding solids.
Jasmine Earl Grey Sweet Tea Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 Jasmine Earl Grey tea bags
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water and sugar to boil; stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let stand until cool. Add tea bags; cover and let steep for 12 hours at room temperature. Remove tea bags. Cover and chill up to 2 weeks.