Rum Old Fashioned
Rum adds a unique flavor to this Old Fashioned.
Write a review
- 2 cups demerara sugar cubes
- 1 cup water
- 4 orange slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon orange bitters
- 8 ounces dark rum
- Garnish: Maraschino or brandied cherries, orange slices
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and 1 cup water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour into a heatproof container, and let cool. Cover, and refrigerate up to 5 days.
- In a large cocktail shaker, muddle orange slices. Add juice, bitters, and 2 tablespoons sugar syrup. Strain evenly into four glasses. Add ice cubes and 2 ounces rum per glass, and stir. Serve with cherries and orange slices, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/