Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding
Yields: 12-14 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 cups cubed challah bread
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup caramel squares, quartered (about 20 squares)
- ½ cup chopped slivered almonds, cashews, and hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Fold in bread, chocolate, and caramel pieces. Spoon into prepared pan. Top with almonds, cashews, and hazelnuts.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with salt. Serve warm.