Add this Satsuma Champagne Cocktail to your repertoire of holiday libations.
Satsuma Champagne Cocktail
Write a review
- 6 sugar cubes
- Bittermen’s Elemakule Tiki Cocktail Bitters*
- 6 tablespoons satsuma rum*
- 3 cups chilled brut Champagne or brut prosecco
- Divide sugar cubes among 6 Champagne flutes. Add a few drops of bitters, to soak cubes. Add 1 tablespoon rum to each glass. Slowly top each with 1/2 cup Champagne.
- *Angostura bitters may be substituted. We used Bayou Rum Bayou Satsuma Rum.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/
the champagne cocktail which was popular in the 30s and 40s was different because the bitters were burned in a pyrex measuring cup with a lit match which created a caramelized effect. you can see Cary Grant doing this in a movie with Deborah Kerr in The Grass is Greener. i always knew that i was missing something. you’ll love the cocktail even more once you taste this.