Brighten up your holiday table with this easy and delicious glazed ham. Fresh, sweet-tart Louisiana satsumas liven up the dish, and it is sure to be a new family favorite.
Satsuma adds a light citrus flavor to this holiday ham.
Write a review
- 1 (10-pound) bone-in spiral cut ham
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons satsuma or tangerine zest
- 1 cup satsuma or tangerine juice
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil, place ham cut side down. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 2 hours.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine honey, satsuma zest and juice, brown sugar, butter, salt, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes. Uncover ham, and brush with honey glaze; bake 30 minutes more, brushing with glaze every 10 minutes.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/