This creamy tomato seafood pasta is packed with shrimp and Louisiana crawfish tails.
Seafood Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
A delicious pasta dish that's the perfect party food.
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1½ pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup seafood stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta, cooked and kept warm
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and crawfish; cook until browned, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in pan. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Add flour, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes and basil, and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in cream, seafood stock, tomato paste, and Cajun seasoning. Simmer until sauce is thickened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in cheese, cooked pasta, and reserved shrimp and crawfish. Serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/