Chipotle-flavored mayonnaise adds a delightful smokiness to these fish sandwiches.
Seared Grouper Sandwiches with Chipotle Mayo
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 brioche buns
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices (¼ inch thick)
- Chipotle Mayo (recipe follows)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Spread butter on cut sides of buns. Place, cut side down, in pan, and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over fish, rubbing to coat. Add to pan, and cook over medium-high heat until fish is browned and flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons Chipotle Mayo on cut sides of buns. On bottom half of buns, layer lettuce, tomato, and fish. Cover with top half of buns. Serve immediately.
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 week.