Bourbon-Cane Vinaigrette and bacon combine to add a salty-sweet pop to this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bourbon-Cane Vinaigrette and Bacon
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Steen’s Cane Syrup, divided
- 1½ cups walnuts
- 2½ tablespoons bourbon, divided
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup cane vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, pulsed in a food processor
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in brown sugar and 3 tablespoons cane syrup; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in walnuts and 1½ tablespoons bourbon. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Break into pieces, or roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving ¼ cup drippings.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together reserved ¼ cup drippings, vinegar, salt, pepper, remaining 1 tablespoon cane syrup, and remaining 1 tablespoon bourbon.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, bacon, walnut mixture, and dressing. Serve immediately.