Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Salad
Makes 6 Servings
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds shredded Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Add onion, and cook until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan, and let drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, bacon, onion, and pecans. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, brown sugar, salt, mustard, zest, and red pepper. While whisking constantly, slowly add oil. Add dressing to Brussels sprouts mixture, and toss. Serve immediately.