This cold pasta salad will be the star of your next get-together.
Shrimp Boil Pasta Salad
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 pound andouille sausage
- 1 (1-pound) package small shell pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- Garnish: lemon zest, sliced green onion, Creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut andouille lengthwise, and slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Arrange andouille on prepared pan in a single layer.
- Bake until browned and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine andouille, pasta, shrimp, corn, bell pepper, green onion, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, Creole seasoning, and garlic. Add mayonnaise mixture to andouille mixture and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with lemon zest, green onion, and Creole seasoning, if desired.