This Shrimp and Crawfish Roll makes great parade or boat food.
Shrimp and Crawfish Roll
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound crawfish tail meat, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 hot dog buns or hoagie rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, gently combine shrimp, crawfish, green onion, celery, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, parsley, thyme, and Cajun seasoning. Taste, and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Cover shrimp mixture, and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush interior of buns with melted butter. In a large skillet over medium heat, add buns, butter-side down, and cook until lightly browned. Divide shrimp mixture evenly between buns, and serve garnished with parsley, if desired.
SO VERY GOOD DELICIOUS AND VERY HEALTHY. THANKS SO MUCH MAKES EATING RIGHT ENJOYABLE
Do you have to cook the crawfish tails. I noticed that the shrimp are already cooked
Most, nearly all, packaged crawfish tails come fully cooked, so in most cases you will not need to cook the crawfish tails. Thanks for asking!
The packaged crawfish tails that we purchase in central Louisiana are not cooked. I would cook them along with the shrimp and seasoning then mix with the rest of the ingredients.
When you’re buying crawfish tails, you certainly need to read the packaging closely: Some will say ‘cooked’ and some don’t.
sorry but you cannot buy uncooked crawfish tail meat you can buy uncooked shrimp
It’s not that the crawfish tails are uncooked, it’s just that they’re not fully cooked. The packaging reflects this.
Where can I purchase crawfish tail meat?I’m from Louisiana but now Live in AZ.
You can order crawfish tails online at http://www.cajungrocer.com . Alternatively, you can substitute small shrimp (or cut up larger ones).
The last couple times I ordered from cajungrocer.com, the food was of terrible quality – this included shrimp, crawfish tails and smoked meats. They seem to have a problem with how they’re storing the meats, as it’s obvious there have been multiple freeze/thaw cycles. Trying to get even a partial refund was like pulling teeth. I used to order $hundreds/year from them, not any more.
Sometimes you can find the crawfish at Trader Joes, or Costco.
Walmart sells packages of cooked crawfish tails. one pound bags.
Ours too! Make sure you only buy LOUISIANA crawfish, if not they are from China…gross!
Great idea for Super Bowl parties ….also tastes great as dip with baguette slices
Most of the peeled and packaged crawfish we buy in NW LA are raw. You want to be sure they are Louisiana crawfish. The Chinese ones are not the same.
Candace is right. I refused to believe Chinese crawfish could be that different so I got some and eventually threw them out. The had an industrial fishy taste that can’t be fully removed.