This Shrimp and Crawfish Roll makes great parade or boat food.
Shrimp and Crawfish Roll
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound crawfish tail meat, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 hot dog buns or hoagie rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, gently combine shrimp, crawfish, green onion, celery, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, parsley, thyme, and Cajun seasoning. Taste, and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Cover shrimp mixture, and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush interior of buns with melted butter. In a large skillet over medium heat, add buns, butter-side down, and cook until lightly browned. Divide shrimp mixture evenly between buns, and serve garnished with parsley, if desired.