This sweet and spicy Shrimp and Mango Ceviche is delicious and satisfying during the warm summer months.
Shrimp and Mango Ceviche
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1½ pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice (from 6 to 8 limes)
- 1 ripe mango, diced (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp and lime juice; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain excess juice. Add mango, tomatoes, onion, mayonnaise, cilantro, chives, mint, jalapeño, and salt, stirring to combine.
- Slightly scoop centers out of each avocado half, creating small bowls. Serve ceviche in avocado halves. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.