Vibrant and filled with flavor, this pasta salad will be a new family favorite.
Shrimp-Pistou Pasta Salad
- ¼ cup plus 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium fresh shrimp
- 1 (4-ounce) package arugula, divided
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup pecan halves, toasted*
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, pour water to a depth of 3 inches, and stir in ¼ cup salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove pasta using a slotted spoon, reserving cooking liquid in pot. Refrigerate pasta until chilled.
- Return water to a boil. Add shrimp, and cook until pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, and transfer to an ice water bath. Drain well.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, process 1 cup arugula, basil, pecans, oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and remaining 1½ teaspoons salt until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, shrimp, pistou, peas, and remaining arugula, tossing until well coated.
*We used Cane River Pecan Company pecans.