These tasty meatballs are the perfect dish to feed a hungry crowd before a meal, and they would also be fantastic as an entrée served over steamed rice.
Shrimp & Pork Meatballs with Pepper Jelly Glaze
Makes About 8 Servings
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ pound large fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, and finely chopped into ⅛-to ¼-inch pieces
- ½ cup finely chopped green onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (10.5-ounce) jar red pepper jelly
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together pork, shrimp, green onion, chopped cilantro, Worcestershire, ginger, 1 tablespoon mustard, garlic, salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper until well combined. Shape mixture into 24 balls (about 1½ inches each), and place on prepared pan.
- Bake until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers at least 160°, about 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine jelly, remaining 2 tablespoons mustard, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and mostly smooth. Stir in meatballs; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.