Puff pastry cups are a decadent start to this meal, but lettuce wraps will help get them served even faster.
Shrimp Rémoulade Cups
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ pound medium cooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Garnish: fresh celery leaves, fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry sheets. Using a 2¼-inch round cutter, cut 12 circles from each pastry sheet. Place 12 circles on prepared pan. Brush with egg. Using a 1¼-inch round cutter, cut a circle in center from remaining 12 circles. Place on top of egg-washed rounds.
- Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, sugar, salt, and paprika. Whisk in oil in a slow, stream until fully combined. Add shrimp, green onion, celery, parsley, and hot sauce, stirring until coated and well combined. Spoon shrimp mixture into pastry cups. Garnish with celery leaves and parsley leaves, if desired.