One of our favorite appetizers, shrimp rémoulade, meets pasta salad in this easy dish.
Shrimp Rémoulade Pasta Salad
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1½ teaspoons Creole seasoning*
- 1 (16-ounce) box mini farfalle, cooked according to package directions
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Creole Rémoulade (recipe follows)
- ½ cup mayonnaise*
- ¼ cup Creole mustard*
- 1½ teaspoons cane syrup
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce*
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh garlic (about 1 large clove)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, red onion, bell pepper, and Creole seasoning; cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink and firm, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in pasta and green onion. Fold in Creole Rémoulade. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.