It’s easier and safer to keep the shrimp salad chilled until it’s time to make the sliders.
Shrimp Salad Sliders
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 9 top-sliced hot dog buns, halved
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Butter lettuce, to serve
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, all jalapeños, green onion, thyme, Creole seasoning, and lemon zest and juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to broil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- When ready to serve, place buns, cut side up, on prepared pan. Brush buns with melted butter.
- Broil until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, divide shrimp mixture among bottom halves of buns; top with butter lettuce and top half of buns.