This garlicky, cheesy flatbread is a perfect appetizer with Champagne or chilled white wine.
Shrimp, Spinach, and Artichoke Flatbreads
Yields: 12 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) bag deli pizza dough
- 1 (13-ounce) can
quarteredartichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Garnish: crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Let pizza dough stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine artichokes, spinach, mayonnaise, garlic, and Cajun seasoning. Add cheeses, and combine.
- Divide dough in half, and stretch each half into a 10x7-inch oval. Using a fork, prick holes in
dough. Brush with oil.
- Bake until lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Spread artichoke mixture over dough, and top with shrimp. Brush shrimp with oil, and sprinkle with additional Cajun seasoning, if desired. Bake until crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Cut into slices, and serve immediately. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired.
Find more holiday favorites in our newest issue of Louisiana Cookin’ magazine.