Orange segments and fennel fronds add vivid color and freshness to this easy shrimp dinner.
Shrimp with Fennel and Orange
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package green beans, blanched
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (about 1 orange)
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sliced
- Garnish: fennel fronds
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add fennel and onion; cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from skillet, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Wipe skillet clean.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp with pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Add shrimp to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Add fennel mixture, beans, orange zest, and orange slices. Garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.