Topped with chocolate and pecans and served with ice cream, this indulgent treat is the ultimate way to round out a hearty meal.
Skillet Pecan and Chocolate Blondies
Yields: 1 (10-inch) Skillet
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (4-ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar and melted butter until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add sugar mixture to flour mixture, stirring to combine. Stir in half of chocolate and ½ cup pecans. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near edge comes out clean, top is golden brown, and center is set, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate and remaining ½ cup pecans. Let cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream.