A crunchy relish gives these handheld sliders tons of tangy, zesty flavor.
Smoked Ham Sliders
- ½ cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green queen olives
- ¼ cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- ¼ cup sliced pickled okra
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce*
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 12 small (4-inch) rolls, halved horizontally
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 12 ounces thick-cut smoked ham
- In a medium bowl, combine olives, pepperoncini peppers, okra, onion, celery, lemon zest and juice, oregano, and oil. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and black pepper. Spread mixture on cut sides of rolls. Place lettuce on bottom half of rolls. Top with ham, relish, and top half of rolls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*We used TABASCO®.