This Smoked Pecan Sugar Brûléed Grapefruit combines sweet and smoky flavors for an unforgettable taste. For the smoked sugar, we used Lafayette’s La Canne pecan-smoked sugar.
Smoked Pecan Sugar Brûléed Grapefruit
Write a review
- 3 red grapefruits, halved
- 6 tablespoons pecan-smoked sugar, such as La Canne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to broil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- Using a paring knife, gently slice along edges of each grapefruit to loosen, cutting to but not through the bottom. Place grapefruit halves on paper towels, cut side down. Let drain 10 minutes. Place grapefruit on prepared pan, cut side up. Sprinkle each grapefruit half with 1 tablespoon sugar and a dash of salt.
- Broil 5 inches from heat, watching carefully, until sugar is browned and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/