Smoked Salmon on Crackers with Crispy Swiss Chard
Smokey, salty, and zesty flavors meld perfectly in this simple appetizer.
Write a review
- 3 large leaves Swiss chard, washed and dried
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 24 water crackers
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Tear chard leaves into 24 (1-inch) squares. In a medium bowl, toss chard with canola oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Place prepared chard on baking sheet in one layer. Bake until wilted and slightly crispy, about 12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add onion and cover with water. Let stand about 10 minutes. Drain and reserve onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon onion, salmon, lemon zest, and chives. In another medium bowl, combine crème fraîche with remaining 2 tablespoons onion, ¼ teaspoon salt, and lemon juice.
- Place about 1 teaspoon crème fraîche mixture on each cracker, top with a piece of chard and about 1 teaspoon salmon mixture. Serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/