These Smoked Sausage Kolaches are great as an evening appetizer or grab-and-go breakfast.
Smoked Sausage Kolaches
Write a review
- 8 (2 1⁄2-inch) pieces smoked sausage
- 1 (16-ounce) bag deli pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Creole mustard, to serve
- Let pizza dough stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until golden brown. Drain well.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll into balls, and flatten into 4-inch disks. In the center of each disk, place 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 piece of sausage. Fold dough over cheese and sausage; roll into a log, and pinch seams to seal. Place kolaches seam side down 1 inch apart on prepared pan. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 2 tablespoons water. Brush tops of kolaches with egg wash.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve with Creole mustard.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/
Get more great Cajun and Creole recipes in Louisiana Cookin’s January/February 2017 issue. Now on newsstands!
that’s a klobasniki