Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This coffee cake is perfect for brunch gatherings.
Write a review
- ¾ cup butter, softened and divided
- ½ cup all-vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2½ cups plus 1 tablespoon
- all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat ½ cup butter and shortening at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar, and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and sour cream. In another bowl, whisk together 2½ cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture and beating at low speed just until combined. Stir in extracts. Spread half of batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon flour, and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture over batter in pan. Spread remaining batter in pan; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture and pecans. Melt remaining ¼ cup butter, and pour over nuts.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/