This new take on shrimp scampi will wow your family.
Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi
Write a review
- 2 (3- to 3½-pound) spaghetti squashes
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1½ pounds peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prick squashes all over with a fork. Place on prepared baking sheet, and roast until tender, about 1 hour and 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes, then slice in half lengthwise. Use a fork to shred squash and place flesh in a large bowl, discarding seeds and skins.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning occasionally, until pink and firm, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes. Add wine and broth, increase heat to high, and reduce liquid by two-thirds. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, cream, capers, Creole seasoning, and red pepper. Cook until butter has melted and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in squash, shrimp, and parsley. Serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/