Dress up these well-spiced crawfish tails however you like for a terrific taco.
Spicy Crawfish Tacos
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1½ teaspoons hot sauce, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (10-ounce) package slaw mix
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound crawfish tails, patted dry
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 8 corn tortillas, grilled
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco
- Lime wedges, to serve
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime zest, 1 tablespoon lime juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon hot sauce, and cumin. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine slaw mix, green onion, cilantro, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon hot sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add crawfish, Creole seasoning, paprika, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 4 to 6 minutes. Spoon onto tortillas. Top with slaw, sour cream mixture, jalapeños, and queso fresco. Serve with lime wedges.