We kicked up the heat in this Southern favorite with Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper. Serve with a spread of colorful crudités or crackers.
Spicy Pimiento Cheese Dip
Makes 2 Cups
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning*
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped giardiniera
- Assorted fresh vegetables, to serve
- Garnish: chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, beat mayonnaise and cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until mostly smooth, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. (Some small lumps are fine.) Beat in vinegar, Cajun seasoning, paprika, Worcestershire, garlic powder, ground mustard, and cayenne. Stir in cheeses, pimientos, green onion, and giardiniera. Serve immediately with fresh vegetables, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
*We used Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.